Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Skirt, a Shirt, and an Overactive Imagination... Oh, My!

Okay.  So, I admit it... I got excited.  Again!  And in my excitement, I failed to get "before" pictures of the lace table runner that became two darling pair of toddler leggings.  And really, folks, I thought I took a picture of the madras plaid skirt that ultimately became this cute little dress/top... but I can't find it anywhere!  Sooooo... I promise to do better next time!
 
Meanwhile, look at these cute little ruffled pants, made from a ladies t-shirt. They compliment this little dress/top perfectly.  I even used some of the scraps to make a headband with plaid petal flowers!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
After I finished THOSE projects, I made this cute little "criss-cross" strap sundress.  I've wanted to make this for a while now, and the fabric has been calling my name.  I have enough to make a smaller one for my little cousin, Harper.  One caveat... this little dress was supposed to have orange ric-rac trim all the way around.  BUT... my one package (2½ yards) was NOT enough to go all the way around by about 18 inches! 

Yikes!  I think it might work for the smaller version for Harper, but I will make a quick "pin-it-and-eyeball" before I start stitching this time!  So this one is accented with some top-stitching and cute hot pink flower buttons.  I can't wait to see how it looks on my niece, Zola!  I'll post pictures, for sure!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

Finally, I used some of my scraps this weekend to make "boo-boo bags" for the kiddos.  They are filled with rice, and once put in the freezer, they make the perfect soother for any "boo-boo."  If you like, you can put them in the microwave when you need a heat pack.  I read where one creative mom makes small ones to heat up for the kids to wear in their gloves while waiting for the bus in winter!  Hmmm... I still have scraps!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment