Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Ready to Get Back in the Groove!

It's been a busy summer, and between swim lessons, Vacation Bible School, and the summer reading program at our county library...plus dishing out meals like a fast-food diner and countless hours of Legos® and Play-doh®, watching movies and more (including an upper respiratory virus that the boys contracted and "shared" with me), I have had very little time to sew.  BUT...where there's a will, there's a way!

So...I have managed to make five pair of "pajama shorts" for the boys...



two "picnic dresses" for an 8-year-old friend who is part of our "extended family" and her 9-month-old sister...and a top from the scraps for Zola...



and four "picnic dresses" for all of my nieces (three from the owl print, and one in the pink/green prints)...



plus a pretty cute little "peasant dress" for Zola.


I love seeing the kids' faces when they get the new outfits.  Next up are things for fall...some "school spirit" shirts, some orange print for October, leggings repurposed from long-sleeved tees, and some Christmas outfits.  I know...summer is fading fast, and it's time to think about fall and the holidays.  They will be here before we can turn around!  Stay tuned for pictures...I'll keep them coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment