Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Everybody Needs a Minkie!

So I've been busy working on a few more things for our great-nieces from Tennessee, since we learned they will be visiting Arkansas next week for Thanksgiving.  Kelsey Lynn will celebrate her fifth birthday this weekend, so I thought she should have a "minkie" coat for the occasion!  I also made her a red and white chevron dress - and Zola got one, too!



Kelsey and Ellie Grace will both get red velour leggings/pants...and a set of red striped pants/leggings, just in time for Christmas!




 Meanwhile, I had purchased a red/white striped knit shirt off the Clearance rack at Wal-Mart ($2), and it was perfect for creating leggings for Zola to go with her red and white chevron dress.



A while back, I picked up this piece of black and white fabric at a yard sale our friends were having.  It had actually been used as a table topper for a wedding reception, so this piece of fabric was neatly hemmed (with fusible webbing) and measured just big enough for a dress for Zola.  There was not enough for the length I wanted, so I added the ruffle of red and black dot...and then it begged for an accent near the neckline; hence the rosette!


I really had fun creating all of these things for three sweet little girls...and they will be adorable in every single garment.  I still have a few decent-sized scraps that may have to be turned into headbands and bow-ties for Olivia and the boys...we shall see!  For now, it's time to think about Thanksgiving dinner and decorating for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment