Monday, March 26, 2012

Coming Up for Air!

I know, I know... it's been a while since my last post.  In my defense... I've.Been.Sewing!  I sewed my way through February (well, except for that week I was in bed with the flu!), and people have asked me more than once, "Do you ever sleep?"  Trust me... I do!  I've made dresses for my cousin Olivia and my niece Zola.  I've made "dump truck" shorts for nephew Timothy and cousin Owen, a onesie and a burp pad for a baby gift, and several more leggings/dress ensembles from knit shirts. 

There have been linen collars...baby bibs from vintage doilies... and crochet skull caps for Livvy to match her dresses.  I made pillowcase dresses for my nieces Kelsey and Zola... and I repurposed a denim skirt that I'm selling on Etsy!

Zola modeling her pillowcase dress
in Valori Wells Solé fabric.

Upcycled denim skirt - girls size 8 - for sale in my Etsy shop at
http://thisremindsme.etsy.com/
Oh... I also made a zebra-striped fleece shrug (lined with pink taffeta) for a February Daddy-Daughter dance ensemble!


It's been fun, busy, and WILD at times!  But when I see the children in my fashions, it's all worth every minute.  With that said, I will share photos of our great-niece Kelsey wearing four of the outfits I've made in recent weeks.  I think she is adorable... and a diva in the making!

 



I got more than 10 yards of fabric in the mail today... and more is on the way.  I've got so many ideas floating around in my head that I need to make a list to keep track (can you say "applique"?)!  Now Olivia has requested matching outfits for her red-headed American Girl Doll, so those are in the works, too!  Something tells me I will be busy well into summer!

I have several favorite Etsy shops for purchasing fabric, but my all-time favorite at the moment is a website called QuiltHome.com.  See the button for them on the left-hand sidebar of this blog.  Not only does QuiltHome.com carry dozens of the latest designer fabric lines, they offer free shipping on orders over $50, and their customer service is da bomb!  I cannot tell you how pleased I have been with this company, and I have given them a LOT of business lately!  Be sure to check their inventory before ordering anywhere else.  You will be glad you did!


Today's mail included yardage in grey, teal, black and blue... zoo animals, guitars, mod circles, polka dots, and more... plus bandana prints in reds and greens for making back-porch pillows for summer!  Geez...I'd better get this posted and start sewing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment